1879 – New Hope Friends Meeting established. Meetings held temporarily in La Grange Hall.
1880 – Building site deeded to NC Yearly Meeting of Friends by William and Smithy Grant.
1881 – Meetinghouse built on “big sand road”.
1919 – Present site deeded to monthly meeting by Monroe & Carrie D Wilson. Meetinghouse dismantled and hauled to new site on two-horse wagons.
1942 – A three room addition to meetinghouse built.
1974 – New fellowship hall, kitchen, restrooms, and classroom completed.
1976 – New meeting room, 3 additional classrooms, & Pastor’s study completed.
2002 – New Family Life Center built.
2009 – Bobby Wilson Athletic Field Installation and dedication completed.
2015 – Choir Loft expansion completed.
2015 – Installation of High Definition Video System to include TV’s throughout the church and a ceiling projector in the sanctuary installed.
2016 Choir Room remodeling and expansion.
2021 – New Sound and Video booth constructed and installed in the sanctuary.
A complete history of our Church is available through our church office.
4451 US 70 East Goldsboro NC 27534